Versatile Blog Award!
Taking a break just before the actual holidays are upon us might be the best thing ever. Here’s why: You begin the month looking forward to the break coming up in a week, take the break and get away before the travel frenzy hits the market, come back, work for a short stretch – all the while looking forward to the holiday break just round the corner, and enjoy the holidays locally! How cool is that? I think everyone should do this!
If that wasn’t enough, I got a message from a fellow blogger just before we went away on our break last week. It was my first ever award! Fae thinks I deserve the Versatile Blog Award! For real?! Wow. Thanks Fae, for being so generous and wonderful! Now it sure feels like Christmas came early!
Here’s what I’ve learnt about the VBA award ever since I’ve been awarded one 🙂
- It’s a chain-letter-award meaning it moves along the blogosphere from one person to another via nominations.
- It has rules, but participation is of course voluntary!
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog. Common courtesy!
- Nominate up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the award and notify them about the same.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, let’s keep up with the tradition and get started!
Here are my nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award, in no particular order. I don’t have 15 this time, but here are some awesome blogs I regularly follow and are an absolutely perfect fit for the VBA! Congratulations!
And.. now for the 7 random things about me that you may not know!
- I can eat just rasam with rice every day and not get bored.
- Fennel seeds are my favorite snack, any time of the day.
- Have yet to put a fresh loaf of bakery bread to use before it turns stale and goes to the trash bin (in my defense, they only stay good for 2 days or so!!).
- Can never really sit through a movie all by myself. Even a great one – but with company, anything goes!
- There’s a glass painting I started working on 3 1/2 years ago, broke it completely mid-way through, started all over again, had a baby sometime in-between, and it’s still going.
- I find it really hard to clean shrimps – the legs especially creep me out! So I’d always try to buy peeled, de-veined and tail-off ready to use frozen ones.
- Bugs bug me the most.
Thanks to all you readers who make it worthwhile!